Meet your number one fan
Keep your home comfortable every season when you install a whole house ventilation fan. These fans work great on their own or in conjunction with your existing cooling system. You can gain big savings on your cooling costs and get a cash-back rebate.
Rebates and qualifications
|Equipment purchases and services||Customer rebate|
Whole house ventilation fan
Ensure home qualifies:
- Must be an existing single family home, not new construction.
- Must be a first-time installation and not a replacement for an existing fan.
Requirements for whole house ventilation fan:
- Ventilation fan must be 2,000 CFM or greater and permanently installed in the upper floor.
- Home’s cooling source must be a permanently installed central air conditioner.
- Work must be completed by a licensed HVAC contractor or may be self-installed.
- Ventilation fan must be installed according to specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual.
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents so they are received within 180 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Homes are eligible for one unit. If a customer is applying for two units or more, please contact the program before applying as additional information is required.
- If applying for a multifamily property (up to 3 units per foundation), please submit one application per unit. For properties with 4 or more units, please see our custom Multifamily Program.
Required documents for online submission:
- Whole House Fan Application, Completed and Submitted
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
Rebates are associated with the most recent tariff filing approved by the Utah Utilities and Transportation Commission. All rebates are subject to change with 45 days’ notice. Additional terms and conditions apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Prior to starting a project, find and contact a participating heating and cooling contractor. Note that some rebates require a qualified contractor to install your new equipment. Review the eligibility requirements, rebate qualifications and the list of required documents with your contractor before submitting your rebate application. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 180 days of installation.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.