Easy comfort, effortless savings
Smart thermostats are beautifully designed to keep you comfortable and help save energy. In addition to lowering your heating and cooling costs, you can control the thermostat remotely, preheat or cool down your home just before you arrive, apply vacation settings and even receive personalized energy usage feedback.
Rebates and qualifications
Ensure home qualifies:
- Must be an existing single family or manufactured home.
- Multifamily homes up to 3 units per foundation qualify. For individually owned/owner-occupied high-rise units, please contact program staff for approval. For other multifamily homes see Multifamily Program for more information.
- Electrically cooled and heated homes qualify.
Qualification requirements for smart thermostats:
- Electrically heated home’s current heating source must be an electric furnace or heat pump.
- Electrically cooled home’s current cooling source must be a central air conditioner or heat pump.
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR® certified and listed on the Qualified Smart Thermostats list at time of purchase.
- If redeeming through a Wattsmart instant coupon, unit must be on the Instant Coupon Qualified Products list.
Additional program rules:
- Homes are eligible for two (2) smart thermostat rebates; includes the redemption of Wattsmart instant coupons. If a customer is applying for more than two smart thermostats, please contact the program before applying as additional information is required.
- If redeeming via coupon, customer must reserve a Wattsmart instant coupon per unit.
- If a customer redeemed a Wattsmart instant coupon, an online application is considered ineligible for a rebate.
- If applying for a multifamily property (up to 3 units per foundation), please submit one application per unit. For individually owned/owner-occupied high-rise units, please contact program staff for approval. See our custom Multifamily Program for more information.
- If the product cost is less than the offered rebate, the rebate will be capped at the product cost.
Required documents for online submission:
- Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or online purchase confirmation email
- View sample document
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
Rebates are associated with the most recent tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All rebates are subject to change with 45 days’ notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- A digital image of your itemized receipt or the confirmation email of your online purchase that includes the manufacturer name and model number.
- Complete and submit your online application within 180 days of purchase.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.