A heat tape timer can help you stick to your energy-saving goals
Get a cash-back rebate when you invest in a rooftop heat tape timer. Heat tape timers automatically turn your heat tape off when it’s not needed and help ensure that the system runs more efficiently when in use, lowering your winter energy costs by up to $135 annually.
Rebates and qualifications
|Equipment purchases and services||Customer rebate|
Rooftop heat tape timer
Ensure home qualifies:
- Must be existing single family, not new construction.
- Home must have heat tape installed on the home’s roof.
Requirements for roof top heat tape timer:
- Heat tape timer must be new at the time of installation.
- Work must be completed by a program participating contractor.
- Heat tape timer must be installed according to specifications outlined in the Idaho Technical Specifications Manual.
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents so they are received within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
Required documents for online submission:
- Rooftop Heat Tape Timer Application, Completed and Submitted
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice.
- Third party payment addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account.
Rebates and qualifications are subject to Idaho Public Utilities and Transportation Commission approval. All rebates are subject to change with 45 days’ notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Prior to starting a project, find and contact a participating heating and cooling contractor. Note that some rebates require a qualified contractor to install your new equipment. Review the eligibility requirements, rebate qualifications and the list of required documents with your contractor before submitting your rebate application. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installation.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.