Reliable hot water for happy homes
Save big when you upgrade to a high-performance heat pump water heater. Earn cash back on your purchase and lower your water heating costs. Qualified models are up to 62 percent more efficient than standard water heaters and can help you save as much as $325 a year on your energy bills.
Rebates and qualifications
Heat pump water heater (tier 1)
Heat pump water heater (tier 2 and above)
Trade ally rebates are available, click here for details.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction.
- Gas system conversions do not qualify.
Requirements for heat pump water heaters:
- Heat pump water heater must be on the Qualified Heat Pump Water Heater list at the time of purchase.
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractors List or may be self-installed by the homeowner.
- Heat pump water heater must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Wyoming Technical Specifications Manual.
- Previous water heater must have been an electric storage water heater (rebate does not apply when replacing an existing heat pump water heater).
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards.
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents online so they are received within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Heat pump water heater must be installed within 90 days of purchase.
- Homes are eligible for one unit. If a customer is applying for two units or more, please contact the program before applying as additional information is required.
- Rebate cannot exceed project costs, self-installed heat pump water heaters are eligible for equipment costs only.
- If a customer reserved a Wattsmart instant coupon, an online or paper application is considered ineligible for a rebate.
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program for details on how to apply.
Required documents for online submission:
- Heat pump water heater application, completed and submitted
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
Prior to starting a project, find and contact a participating plumbing and water heating contractor. Note that some rebates require a qualified contractor to install your new equipment. Review the eligibility requirements, rebate qualifications and the list of required documents with your contractor before submitting your rebate application.
You will need these items to apply online for your rebate:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installation.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.