Use half the energy to dry your clothes
Unlike standard dryers, which discard the hot air used to dry clothing by releasing it outside, heat pump dryers can actually repurpose that heat. The process involves capturing the hot air that would have been wasted, removing the moisture in the air and recycling it as a heat source for the next load of laundry –– reducing energy use by up to 50%. Hybrid heat pump dryers, which feature an electric resistance element as a supplemental heating source, provide another efficient option that splits the line between traditional electric dryers and full-on heat pump dryers.
Rebates and qualifications
Heat pump clothes dryer
- Unit must be on the Qualified Heat Pump Clothes Dryer List at time of purchase.
- Unit must be a minimum of 3 UCEF or greater but cannot exceed 8.0 UCEF.
- Unit must have a capacity of 4.0 cubic feet or greater.
- Unit must be an electrically heated, vented or vent-less dryer.
- Home is eligible for one (1) heat pump clothes dryer rebate per service address.
Additional program requirements:
- No application necessary. Rebate is issued as a Wattsmart instant coupon to be used at the time of purchase.
- If purchasing for a multifamily property, customer must reserve an individual instant coupon per unit.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.