Get a better freezer at a better price
Certified ENERGY STAR® freezers lower your electricity costs without sacrificing performance or features. Replace a freezer made before 1993, for instance, and you can save an extra $35 on your annual bills. If you bought your freezer in the 80s, the savings climb to $70 a year.
Rebates and qualifications
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR certified.
- Unit must be an upright model.
- Unit must be on the Qualified Freezers List at the time of purchase.
- Home is eligible for one (1) rebate per service address.
Additional program requirements:
- Rebate application and required documents must be submitted online within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebates are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee.
- If a customer reserved a Wattsmart instant coupon, an online or paper application is considered ineligible for an rebate.
- Rebates are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment.
- Freezer Application, completed and submitted
- Itemized receipt
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number. A digital image of your itemized receipt or the confirmation email of your online purchase that includes the manufacturer name and model number.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchase.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.