Get a better freezer at a better price
Certified ENERGY STAR® freezers lower your electricity costs without sacrificing performance or features. Replace a freezer made before 1993, for instance, and you can save an extra $35 on your annual bills. If you bought your freezer in the 80s, the savings climb to $70 a year.
Rebates and qualifications
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR certified.
- Unit must be an upright model.
- Unit must be on the Qualified Freezers List at the time of purchase.
- Home is eligible for one (1) rebate per service address.
Additional program requirements:
- Rebate application and required documents must be submitted online within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebates are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee.
- If a customer reserved a Wattsmart instant coupon, an online or paper application is considered ineligible for an rebate.
- Rebates are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number. A digital image of your itemized receipt or the confirmation email of your online purchase that includes the manufacturer name and model number.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchase.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.