Keep your engine warmer in the winter
Rebates and qualifications
|Equipment purchases and services||Customer rebate|
Engine block heater control
Ensure home qualifies:
- Must be an existing single family or manufactured home.
Qualification requirements for engine block heaters:
- Unit must be on the Qualified Engine Block Heater list at the time of purchase.
- Unit must be a hard-wired outlet, portable, or engine mounted thermostatically controlled heater.
Additional program rules:
- Homes are eligible for two (2) engine block heater controller rebates; includes the redemption of Wattsmart instant coupons.
- If redeeming via coupon, customer must reserve a Wattsmart instant coupon per unit.
- If a customer redeemed through Wattsmart instant coupons, an online application is considered ineligible for a rebate.
- If applying online, submit all documents so they are received within 90 days of purchase.
Required documents for online submission:
- Engine block heater application, completed and submitted.
- Itemized receipt or online purchase confirmation email.
Rebates and qualifications are subject to Idaho Public Utilities and Transportation Commission approval. All rebates are subject to change with 45 days’ notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number. A digital image of your itemized receipt or the confirmation email of your online purchase that includes the manufacturer name and model number.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchase.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.