Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50% on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Check out these resources to learn more about ductless technology:
Rebates and qualifications
|Equipment purchases and services||Customer rebate|
Electric Heat Conversion – Single-head ductless heat pump
Electric Heat Conversion – Multi-head ductless heat pump
Electric Heat Conversion – Ducted mini-split heat pump
Supplemental ductless heat pump
Trade ally rebates are available, click here for details.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing single family home to qualify for a single-head or supplemental ductless heat pump.
- Must be an existing single family or multifamily home to qualify for a multi-head ductless heat pump.
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane system conversions do not qualify.
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards.
Requirements for ductless heat pumps:
- Minimum 9 HSPF / 16 SEER or 8.1 HSPF2 / 16 SEER2.
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List.
- Ductless heat pump must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Wyoming Technical Specifications Manual.
- Ductless heat pump must be a new AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) rated ductless (mini-split) system and must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org.
- Ductless heat pump must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless.
- Rebate is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump.
Additional requirements for single-head and multi-head ductless heat pumps:
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat) serving at least 80% of the home’s conditioned living space.
Additional requirements for supplemental ductless heat pumps:
- Gas heated homes qualify.
- Ductless heat pump must be used as a supplemental heat source for cold spots or for a new/bonus room.
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents so they are received within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Ductless heat pump must be installed within 90 days of purchase.
- Homes are eligible for one unit. If a customer is applying for two units or more, please contact the program before applying as additional information is required.
- Rebate cannot exceed project costs.
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program for details on how to apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installation.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.