Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50% on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Check out these resources to learn more about ductless technology:
Rebates and qualifications
|Equipment purchases and services||Customer rebate|
Multi-head ductless heat pump
Single-head ductless heat pump
Supplemental ductless heat pump
Ducted mini-split heat pump
Trade ally rebates are available, click here for details.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction.
- Multifamily homes up to 3 units qualify.
Requirements for all ductless heat pumps:
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane systems conversions do not qualify.
- Minimum 9 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor), 15 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio).
- Work must be completed by a program-participating HVAC contractor.
- Ductless heat pump must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual.
- Ductless heat pump must be a new AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) rated ductless (mini-split) system and must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org.
- Ductless heat pump must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless.
Additional requirements for single-head ductless, multi-head ductless and ducted heat pumps:
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric furnace, electric ceiling/wall heat) serving at least 80% of the home’s conditioned living space.
- Rebate is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump.
Additional requirements for supplemental ductless heat pumps:
- Gas heated homes qualify.
- Ductless heat pump must be used as a supplemental heat source for cold spots or for a new/bonus room and primary heat source must be in service.
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents so they are received within 180 days of the qualifying service completion.
- Homes are eligible for one unit. If a customer is applying for two units or more, please contact the program before applying as additional information is required.
- If applying for a multifamily property (up to 3 units per foundation), please submit one application per unit. For properties with 4 or more units, please see our custom Multifamily Program.
- Ductless heat pump application, completed and signed.
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice.
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account.
- AHRI certificate
Rebates are associated with the most recent tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All rebates are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Prior to starting a project, find and contact a participating heating and cooling contractor. Note that some rebates require a qualified contractor to install your new equipment. Review the eligibility requirements, rebate qualifications and the list of required documents with your contractor before submitting your rebate application. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 180 days of installation.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.