Improve bathroom ventilation
Save on an ENERGY STAR® certified bathroom exhaust fan that controls moisture, improves air quality and remove odors. Excessive humidity in the bathroom can damage paint and walls, but most importantly, it allows mold to accumulate. Bathroom exhaust fans help prevent these issues, and energy-efficient models do it quietly while using less energy.
Rebates and qualifications
Bathroom exhaust fan 20 to 200 CFM
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be existing single family or manufactured home.
Requirements bathroom exhaust fan:
- Unit must be a minimum of 20 CFM.
- Unit must be on the Qualified Bathroom Exhaust Fan List at the time of purchase.
- Home is not eligible for more than four (4) bathroom exhaust fan rebates per service address.
- Customer must reserve a Wattsmart instant coupon per unit.
- Customers applying for multifamily properties, please submit one application per unit.
- Bathroom exhaust fan application completed and submitted.
- Itemized receipt or online purchase confirmation email.
Rebates and qualifications are subject to Idaho Public Utilities and Transportation Commission approval. All rebates are subject to change with 45 days’ notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
You will need these items to apply online for your rebate:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- A digital image of your itemized receipt or the confirmation email of your online purchase that includes the manufacturer name and model number.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchase.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.