Save on a high-efficiency heat pump conversion
Get cash back when you convert to an energy-efficient heat pump. Program-qualified heat pumps are up to 20% more efficient than older models. With proper selection, installation and maintenance, you can gain big savings on your heating and cooling costs. Cash rebates are available for heat pump conversions, upgrades and optimization.
Rebates and qualifications
Air source heat pump upgrade tier 1
Air source heat pump upgrade tier 2
Air source heat pump upgrade tier 3
Air source heat pump conversion tier 1
Air source heat pump conversion tier 3
Trade ally rebates are available, click here for details.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing single-family home, not new construction.
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane systems conversions do not qualify.
Requirements for all air source heat pump installations:
- Minimum 9 HSPF, 14 SEER.
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible or Qualified Contractor.
- Heat pump must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Idaho Technical Specifications Manual.
- New heat pump must be the current primary heat source and must service at least 80 percent of the home’s conditioned living space.
- Heat pump must be installed with best practices installation and sizing requirements.
- Equipment must be a new, air source split or packaged unitary heat pump with an AHRI Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr. (5.4 tons) or less.
- Air flow must meet 350 CFM per ton requirement.
- Equipment must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory.
Additional requirements for heat pump upgrade
- Minimum 9.0 HSPF with best practices installation and sizing (BPIS).
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed ducted electric heat pump that served at least 80% of the home’s conditioned living space.
Additional requirements for heat pump conversion
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric baseboard, electric furnace, electric ceiling/wall heat) serving at least 80% of the home’s conditioned living area.
Additional requirements cold climate heat pump upgrade and conversion
- Minimum 10 HSPF / 16 SEER.
- Must be on NEEP Qualified Products list at time of installation.
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Equipment must be installed within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebate cannot exceed the total cost of the project.
- Homes are eligible for one unit. If a customer is applying for two units or more, please contact the program before applying as additional information is required.
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program for details on how to apply.
- Heat Pump Application, completed and signed.
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice.
- AHRI certificate.
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
Rebates and qualifications are subject to Idaho Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Prior to starting a project, find and contact a program-participating HVAC contractor. Note that some rebates require a qualified contractor to install your new equipment. Review the eligibility requirements, rebate qualifications and the list of required documents with your contractor before submitting your rebate application. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installation.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.