Enjoy energy savings with a view
When it’s time to replace your windows, we offer cash rebates to help you save on a high-performance solution. Make a smart investment in new windows that can reduce heat loss in the winter, keep your home comfortable in the summer, lessen noise and lower your energy bills.
Rebates and qualifications
|Product||U-factor requirements||Customer rebate|
Windows Tier 1 For homes with electric heating
U-factor of 0.23-0.30
$1.00/ sq. ft.
Windows Tier 2 For homes with electric heating
U-factor of 0.22 or lower
$3.00/ sq. ft.
Windows Tier 1 For homes with electric cooling
U-factor of 0.23-0.30
$0.25/ sq. ft.
Windows Tier 2 For homes with electric cooling
U-factor of 0.22 or lower
$0.50/ sq. ft.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction.
- Must have electric heating or a central cooling system serving at least 80% of the home’s conditioned floor area.
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane systems conversions do not qualify.
Requirements for windows:
- Maximum U-factor of 0.30 or lower.
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor List or may be self-installed by homeowner.
- Doors or skylights must be 80 percent of square footage and have a U-factor of no more than 0.30 to qualify.
- Windows must be installed in a finished or conditioned living space with permanently installed heating system.
- Windows must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Wyoming Technical Specifications Manual.
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards.
- Work completed as part of building code requirements do not qualify.
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents so they are received within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Windows must be installed within 90 days of purchase.
- Rebate cannot exceed project costs, self-installers are eligible for rebates on materials only.
- Rebates are limited to one-time installations within the qualified space of the home and will not exceed window purchase price.
- Window units that have previously received an rebate through the program do not qualify for additional rebates if replaced.
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program for details on how to apply.
Required documents for online submission:
- Application, completed and signed.
- Window worksheet, used to easily calculate your proposed square footage and rebate amount.
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice.
- Manufacturer’s specification sheet or NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council) stickers for each window.
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account.
Rebates and qualifications are subject to Wyoming Public Service Commission approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Electric heating is defined as a permanently installed system consisting of an electric furnace, heat pump, or electric zonal heating system (baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) serving as the home’s current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify.
Electric cooling is defined as a permanently installed electric heat pump, or ducted electric central air conditioner serving as the home’s current primary cooling source. Room air conditioners and evaporative coolers do not qualify.
Non-electric heating or cooling is defined as a heating or cooling system with gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, or propane serving as the home’s current primary heat or cooling source.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Prior to starting a project, find and contact a participating weatherization contractor. Note that some rebates require a qualified contractor to install your new equipment. Review the eligibility requirements, rebate qualifications and the list of required documents with your contractor before submitting your rebate application.
Self-installers are eligible for rebates on materials only and documentation of U-Factors and square footage must be provided.
Remember to save your National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) window stickers for rebate processing. A copy of your windows manufacturer specification invoice clearly indicating the U-factor of each window may be submitted in lieu of your NFRC stickers.
Rebates are limited to one-time installations within the qualified space of the home and will not exceed window purchase price. Window units that have previously received a rebate through the program do not qualify for additional rebates if replaced.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installation.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.