Build your best home
When you work with a Wattsmart home builder, you can be sure you’re getting a higher level of quality, comfort and efficiency at the most affordable price. Participating builders complete prescriptive above energy code requirements to achieve a higher standard of efficiency.
- More comfort
- Lower energy costs
- Better resale value
- Healthier air quality
Rebates and qualifications
|Equipment purchases and services||Customer/Builder rebate|
New home prescriptive path - electrically heated home
New home prescriptive path - electrially cooled home
Dual fuel heat pump
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be new construction
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
Requirements for all new home prescriptive path rebates:
- Attic insulation
- Must be greater than R-60
- Floor insulation
- Must be greater than R-38
- Wall insulation
- Must be greater than R-23
- U-factor must not exceed 0.30
- Duct location
- Ductwork must be located within conditioned space.
- Air Sealing
- Max air infiltration of 4 ACH (Air Changes per Hour) at 50 Pa
- Programmable thermostat
- At least 90% of the sockets contain CFL or LED bulbs
Additional requirements for new electrically heated homes:
- Heat pump or ductless heat pump
- 9 HSPF or greater
- 14 SEER or greater
Additional requirements for new electrically cooled homes:
- Central air conditioner
- 14 SEER or greater
- 95% or greater gas furnace with ECM (electronically commutated motor}
Requirements for new home dual fuel heat pump
- Dual fuel heat pump minimum 9 HSPF/14 SEER/90 AFUE.
- New dual fuel heat pump must be the current primary heat source and must service at least 80 % of the home’s conditioned living space.
- Dual Fuel heat pump must be a new, air-source split or packaged unitary heat pump with an AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr (5.4 tons) or less.
- Furnace and heat pump must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory.
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units.
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor.
- Dual fuel heat pump must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Wyoming Technical Specifications Manual.
Additional program rules:
- Please contact the program for additional program rules and how to apply
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
- Review the information in the Eligibility section of this page and call 1-800-942-0266 or email us to ensure your new home is eligible
- Rebate application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your rebate after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your rebate
- Rebates are not to exceed the purchase price of the service
- Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance
If the customer is applying for the rebate:
- At time project completion, contractor should provide customer with:
- Completed and signed contractor section of the rebate application
- Completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- Itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customer through the rest of the rebate application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Notify the customer that their home will need to be inspected before the rebate can be approved.
- In the case of the missing information, assist your customer in securing any contractor information or documentation.
If the contractor is applying for the rebate:
- Complete and sign the rebate application
- Complete and sign technical worksheet, if applicable
- Submit itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Read the rest of the rebate application so you know exactly what to submit.
- Note the customer service hotline and the 90-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of the missing information, please provide any missing documentation back to the program.
Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline rebate processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.