Reliable hot water for happy homes
Save big when you upgrade to a high-performance heat pump water heater. Earn cash back on your purchase and lower your water heating costs. Qualified models are up to 62 percent more efficient than standard water heaters and can help you save as much as $325 a year on your energy bills.
Rebate and qualifications
Heat pump water heater (all tiers)
Trade ally rebates are available, click here for details.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home
Requirements for heat pump water heaters:
- Heat pump water heater must be on the Qualified Products list at the time of purchase.
- Limit two (2) rebates per service address.
- Heat pump water heater can be any size.
- Installation must be completed by a Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractors List or may be self-installed by the homeowner.
- Heat pump water heater must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
- Previous water heater must have been an electric storage water heater (rebate does not apply when replacing an existing heat pump water heater).
Requirements for fuel substitution:
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents online so they are received within 180 days of the qualifying service completion.
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards.
- Heat pump water heater must be installed within 90 days of purchase.
- Homes are eligible for one unit. If a customer is applying for two units or more, please contact the program before applying as additional information is required.
- If a customer reserved a Wattsmart instant coupon, an online or paper application is considered ineligible for a rebate.
- If applying for a multifamily property (up to 3 units per foundation), please submit one application per unit. For properties with 4 or more units, please see our custom Multifamily Program.
Required documents for online submission:
- Heat pump water heater application completed and submitted.
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice.
Rebates are associated with the most recent tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All rebates are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Prior to starting a project, find and contact a participating plumbing and water heating contractor. Note that some rebates require a qualified contractor to install your new equipment. Review the eligibility requirements, rebate qualifications and the list of required documents with your contractor before submitting your rebate application.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 180 days of installation.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.