Cool your home and your energy bill
Receive an instant discount on evaporative coolers. Qualified permanently installed models can use up to 75% less energy than central AC to cool the same amount of space. Plus, they can cost about half as much to purchase as a comparable central AC system.
Rebates and qualifications
|Equipment purchases and services||Customer rebate|
Evaporative Cooler (500-1,999 CFM)
Evaporative Cooler (2,000-3,499 CFM)
Evaporative Cooler (3,500 CFM or greater)
Ensure home qualifies
- Must be an existing home, not new construction.
Requirements for evaporative coolers
- 500-1999 cubit feet per minute (CFM)
- 2,000 – 3,499 (CFM)
- 3,500-plus cubic feet per minute (CFM)
- Unit may be installed by customer or by a program-participating contractor (contractor installation is recommended).
- Equipment must be new and be permanently installed.
- Equipment must be first time install and not a replacement for previous evaporative cooler.
- Must be the primary cooling source for the home serving at least 80% of the conditioned living area.
- Equipment must be installed according to specifications outlined in the Idaho Technical Specifications Manual.
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents online so they are within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date.
- Equipment must be installed within 90 days of purchase.
- Self-installed evaporative coolers are eligible for rebates on equipment only.
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at email@example.com for details on how to apply.
Required documents for online submission:
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice.
- AHRI certificate.
- Third Party Payment Addendum, for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account.
Rebates are subject to Idaho Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Please include the following with your online application:
- Your Rocky Mountain Power account number.
- Digital image of your itemized receipt or contractor’s invoice.
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchase.
- Your rebate will be issued within 14 business days after we review and approve your application. Missing information may delay processing and delivery.
- Please enter your service address and account number exactly as it’s shown on your bill. You can find this information in the areas indicated below.